What We Believe
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity and humanity of Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, in His present rule as Head of the Church and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the barrenness of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ, with equality across racial, gender, and class differences.
- (Adopted from the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability.)
- The Luke Society comes alongside indigenous health professionals who are called to serve their own people. Our primary purpose is to empower them to provide quality medical care and health education as they share the Gospel of Jesus. We equip these Christian visionaries through encouragement, prayer support, mentoring and financial assistance. Ours is a Christ-centered ministry of evangelism and discipleship, transforming communities by reconciling man to man and man to God through the truth of the Gospel.
- To participate in God's plan of redemption by following Jesus' example of teaching, preaching, and healing.
- "Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them." - Matthew 9:35-36