Much has been given
December 06, 2017 at 6:00 AM
PMT Mary Holman takes time for a photo with a girl from Senegal on one of their trips to visit Dr. Ousmane Soh. (Photos submitted).
Much as been given
By Mary Holman
After He rose from the dead, each Gospel account shares a commissioning that Jesus gave His disciples:
“As the Father has sent me, so I am sending you. Go and make disciples of all nations.” John 20:21
Do you want to make a difference in the world? Something bigger than you are? Transform the world one person at a time
One of the blessings we have as PMTs is being able to share our ministry with the Luke Society and specifically experiences and stories of our ministry director, Dr. Ousmane Soh in Senegal, Africa.
This fall, I was asked to share about my “Adventure in Africa” with a local women’s group. I showed pictures of one of our trips and shared what God is doing among the Muslim people there and the exciting progress of the clinic building.
One of the pictures was Dr. Soh opening the suitcases of supplies and vitamins that we take to him on our trips. The ladies asked if they could donate vitamins — and I already have a suitcase full to take on our next trip this coming March. The greatest compliment I received was one lady told me, “I can really see how passionate you are about your ministry.”
Then in October, my husband (Steve) and I were asked to share at our local church’s annual mission conference and we talked about the impact short-term mission work has made in our lives.
Some of the items we discussed in our short presentation covered:
- What it has done for us personally, our family, and our relationships.
- How our stories have impacted our children and grandchildren in exposing them to world missions.
- How it has impacted our walk with our Lord and how it has opened up spiritual discussions with others who are curious.
- How the opportunity to travel and interact with peoples of “every tongue, tribe, and nation” provides a better understanding of our God.
- How we can hopefully encourage and reinvigorate long-term missionaries.
“From everyone that has been given much; much will be demanded. From the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.” Luke 12:48
And we have been given much!
Dr. Ousmane Soh opens a suitcase of medical supplies delivered by the PMTs Steve and Mary Holman and Kyle and Diane Krall.